Thursday, January 27, 2011

On To The Next One.....

Since my family and I moved to Georgia almost 3 years ago, I have tried a few things to get "rich". Network marketing, affiliate marketing, I even attended several seminars where the "rich" spoke on how they got rich. I figured why not learn from the people that have what I want, duplicate their system and...POOF, I would be rich too! Sounds pretty simple right?? NOOOOOOOOOOOO it is not just that simple. There are so many different components that must come together to successfully follow a system and I found a major problem in the midst of it all.....


So the first venture on the road to richdom was network marketing. I actually think this is a great way to make money by helping each other along. Isn't that what God wants us to do anyway, help each other.
When I started, I was on FIRE!! Several of my family and friends signed up and my first check was nice. I was like, yeah boy! This is it, i'm on my way now. And the products were really good. I believed in them and that they could help people. I knew this because I used them personally. So in my mind, I somehow conjured up the mindset that business would just come to me because of my great products. I did put/pass out flyers and business cards, set up a website and facebook fan page. I mean I did put in some work. But with working a fulltime job and raising a family...energy was not always my best friend. Needless to say the business started to suffer from my lack of energy and drive. So I began to replace growing the business time with excuses. I would say things like...I'm not spending enough time with my boys, my Hubby and I need date night or our marriage will go down the drain, and don't forget the infamous me time. Then the business became a thorn in my side. I felt the guilt of not putting in the time to grow it and I didn't like that the feeling. So I blamed the business for making me feel this way. I spent money on business cards and flyers, and let's not forget the monthly fee for the website. This business that was originally supposed to be an asset has now become a liability!
So, it was on to the next one....another network marketing venture. This one would be easy though. No selling of products. Just let people look at the video and they would sign up, it was a no brainer. So I'm on FIRE again. Excited, telling everyone about this new way to make money. But guess what, the same thing started to happen as with the first business. Lack of energy...excuses...you know. And so went that business.

So after some deep soul searching, I found out why the businesses did not make me "rich". The major problem in the midst of it all is ME. I am my own dream killer. Instead of letting my family become my excuses, I should have let them be my motivation to grow a successful business. That me time I was looking for, I could have all of the me time I want once I accomplish my goals.

You cannot say that you are going to duplicate a system but then add in your own road map to the destination. You have to be willing to put in your blood, sweat, and tears in order to reach your goals. And I was not doing that.

With that being said, don't continue to move on to the next one and the next one and the next one. Put the time and effort into the goals that you have set and GET IT! It's your's anyway.....

1 comment:

  1. I agree and might add.You must have a product of some sort and it must be something you first and foremost believe in and gets you excited.

    What I mean by that is,passion must be activated to the point of elation.It should feel natural but the passion I'm talking about is Supernatural.
    Usually a great product or idea comes from God.
    Our vision almost always have to be lined up with Gods vision for us.
    You will be convicted and committed and focus.

    Making a lot of money can not be why you are doing whatever it is you do.Purpose must be included and how you approach this vision is critical because God will run to any vision he gives and bring it to pass.

    When we don't first seek Gods answers,we fail.

    Systems are all over the net but God system is failure proof.You will generate a nice flow of traffic to your site ,all of your marketing skills will be focus on a targeted audience.
    You will succeed.
    Social Networking is there to introduce you to large audience almost overnight if the product you are trying to market has Purpose included.
    Also,with God, the product can be tweaked to your desired taste.

    Remember,money will come because of the conviction behind your idea or product is more Spirit led.The product in of itself does not have to be of a biblical nature.Your audience don't even have to be Christians,but your vision must be of God.

    How to make money online is not a brand.

    Yes,I agree you must include many elements in order to build the car,but you need the keys to start it up.Once you start the car you must put the car in a gear in order for it to move.
    Once the car is moving you now can navigate yourself to your desired destination.

    Thank you for allowing me to post this comment.
    May God richly bless you
    your friend Mike

    ReplyDelete